In the past few years, mayors and other local government officials across the United States have begun to explore adopting technology and data collection to solve many urban problems.The impact that these new technologies are having on local governments is still evolving but the operating environment presents both opportunities and challenges for companies looking to sell to smart cities.
NSI can assist with any company, whether startup or fortune 100, in identifying and prioritizing cities that are leading the way in developing smart city pilot projects tailored to specific needs and solutions. In addition to determining the best cities and local decision makers to approach, NSI also assists with developing the right messaging and communication strategies that reassure city official's primary concerns and which can be replicated and adapted to new cities across the country.
NSI services include:
- Conducting research to assess markets and identify specific sales opportunities for with emerging Smart Cities
- Prioritizing market opportunities to accelerate success
- Assembling the ideal local teams to assist in winning contracts in prioritized markets
- Developing and implementing strategic sales campaigns
- Training sales and marketing teams on effective public sector selling strategies
- Utilizing the legislative and regulatory process to create or expand markets or solve problems
- Building effective corporate partnerships, advisory boards and other strategic relationships
- Assisting with marketing and public relations programs, trade shows, conferences and other strategies to expand brand awareness and drive business in the public sector